- Always assume "game on"! unless you hear from your coach or until a cancellation is posted on our website, Facebook page, or Twitter feed.
- The decision to cancel will be made 30 minutes prior to start of game or scheduled training sessions with Challenger coaches based on CONDITIONS AT THE SOCCER FIELDS. In the event of a severe weather warning, cancellations made be sooner. Weather can vary greatly from West Saugerties, the Village, Glasco, & beyond. Do not assume that the weather at your house is the same at the fields (unless you live by the fields).
- We cancel games due to: (1) lightning, driving rain, standing water on the fields, or other conditions making play dangerous or impractical; or (2) ground so wet that play will damage the fields. We don't cancel merely because it's raining unless it’s a storm of Biblical proportions!
- Please note that game status is subject to change and cancellation updates may not be posted on the website or our facebook page in time for your game.
- We may cancel games on some fields and not others; cancellation may occur at any time. We strongly advise that coaches and parents exchange cell phone numbers so that notice of last-minute cancellations can spread quickly.
- Cancellations in advance can only be made by the Regional Commissioner. Game-time cancellations on the field can also be made by the coaches or referee based on observed conditions.
- We adhere to the AYSO National Guidelines on severe weather. According to these Guidelines, thunder and lightning are treated in THE EXACT SAME MANNER. Our first concern in the presence of lightning is the safety of our players and families. Should lightning be seen or thunder heard, coaches or referees will stop the game or practice. Players, spectators and coaches are advised to immediately clear the field and seek shelter in either a vehicle or appropriate structure (trees are not considered safe shelter).
- Games or practice should not resume until 30 minutes have passed from the most recent recognition of either thunder or lightning. Each instance of thunder or lightning during the period of delay will result in a reset of the 30-minute period. Note that in many cases, the initial delay will result in termination of the match because another match is scheduled on the same field.
- We realize that in some instances, it may intuitively appear that the danger is either remote or has passed. Nevertheless, the full 30-minute waiting period shall be observed. Nobody should gamble with the safety of our players, volunteers, and spectators.
US Men's National Team vs Costa Rica on March 22, 2013 (yes, that is snow!)